Keeping your data safe
is the Privacy Notice of Blueline Computing, whose address is The Old Tannery, Back Lane, Shearsby, Leics, LE17 6PN.
1.0. IMPORTANT NOTICE
Blueline Computing provides IT Support, Expertise and solutions to businesses (collectively “Services”).
Blueline Computing respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out how Blueline Computing collects and processes your personal data when you access and use our Services, including the site www.bluelinecomputing.co.uk (“Site”). This Privacy Notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists certain rights in relation to your personal data under applicable law.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to check our Privacy Notice regularly to understand how we may process your Personal Data.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
2.1. Personal Data
2.2. How We Collect Personal Data
When you utilise our Products or Services.
• We collect Personal Data when you use or interact with our Site and Services, including when you register with us, or make purchases from us. This Personal Data may include name, address, phone number, username and password, email address, and payment information.
• We collect Personal Data when you communicate with us including email address and phone number.
• When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources. We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Data with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the Services.
• Users Under 18 Years of Age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from individuals under 18 years without parental consent. If you become aware that an individual under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that an individual under 18 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data as permitted by law.
2.3. How We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, including:
• To Affiliates and Partners.
With companies or ventures that are owned or controlled by Blueline Computing, and internally within Blueline Computing, in order to provide and improve Services, for marketing purposes, and for advertising.
• To Service Providers and Vendors.
With business partners, marketing partners, and vendors to provide, improve, and personalise the Services.
• For Advertising and Marketing.
With advertising and marketing partners for advertising and marketing purposes on Blueline Computing’s behalf and on behalf of third parties.
• For Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes
• Actual or Contemplated Sale, Acquisition, or Reorganisation.
In connection with a contemplated reorganisation or an actual reorganisation of our business, in connection with financing, a sale, acquisition or other transaction involving the disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction.
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We collect and process your personal data for a variety of different purposes which are set out in further detail below.
In some cases, we will ask for your consent so that we may process your Personal Data. However, in certain circumstances, applicable data protection laws allow us to process your Personal Data without needing to obtain your consent.
3.1. Processing Personal Data Where Consent is Not Obtained
In certain cases, separate consent is not required, including:
• For the performance of a contract. To perform our contractual obligations to you, including our fulfilling orders or purchases you have made, contacting you in relation to any issues with your order or use of the Services, in relation to the provision of the Services, or where we need to provide your Personal Data to our service providers related to the provision of the Services.
• To comply with legal obligations. To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
• Legitimate Interests. To operate our business and provide the Services, other than in performing our contractual obligations to you for Blueline Computing’s “legitimate interests” for the purposes of applicable law, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. Legitimate interests may include:
• To communicate with you regarding the Services, including to provide you important notices regarding changes to our Terms and to address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints.
• To send you surveys in connection with our Services.
• To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties.
• To develop, provide, and improve our Services.
3.2. Matters That May Require Consent
In cases where we are not already authorised to process the Personal Data under applicable law, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data, including:
• Marketing. We may ask for your consent to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes.
• Research. We may ask for your consent to use your Personal Data for research purposes.
3.3. Withdrawing Your Consent
You may at any time withdraw the consent you provide for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org provided that we are not required by applicable law or professional standards to retain such information.
4.0 DE-IDENTIFIED OR ANONYMISED DATA
We may create de-identified or anonymous data from Personal Data by excluding data components (such as your name, email address, or linkable tracking ID) that makes the data personally identifiable to you or through obfuscation or through other means. Our use of anonymized data is not restricted by this Privacy Notice.
5.0 DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where we no longer need to process your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, we will delete your Personal Data from our systems.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request, as further described in the Data Subject Access, Modification, and Deletion Rights section of this Privacy Notice.
6.0 WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We need to process certain of your Personal Data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the Services.
Where we ask for your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw such consent as described in this Privacy Notice. Please note, however, we may be unable to provide you certain Services that require the use of Personal Data.
Please note that even where your consent would otherwise be required, we may nevertheless process your Personal Data in accordance with our legitimate interests under applicable law, as described in this Privacy Notice.
7.0 TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Blueline Computing and associated Services and systems may be stored on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that Personal Data we collect will be processed and stored in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the data protection and privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
By using our Services and/or submitting your Personal Data, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
8.0 DATA SUBJECT ACCESS, MODIFICATION, AND DELETION RIGHTS
You have the right in certain circumstances to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Data. Where we are processing your Personal Data, you also have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of such Personal Data.
You have the right in certain circumstances to receive the Personal Data concerning you that you provided to us and have the right in certain circumstances to transmit such data to another controller.
To exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com . As permitted by law, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, and/or deletion. Furthermore, we may charge for this service and will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law.
9.0 RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
10.0 SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
We implement appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against the accidental loss, destruction, or damage of Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
GDPR Compliance & Policy
Blueline Computing takes seriously its responsibilities over any regulation relating to Data Protection and has been fully committed to the understanding and compliance of any historical data protection regulation and has been preparing for GDPR following its announcement in 2016. Like every organisation that handles personal data, the regulation does impact Blueline Computing.
Preparation for GDPR has mean a review of the systems, processes, procedure and documentation used and this has had a positive impact with many of the changes implemented for GDPR adding value to other parts of the business.
1. Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
2. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
3. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
4. Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
5. Retained only for as long as necessary
6. Processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security
Blueline Computing acknowledges that it is both a Data Controller and Data Processor of personal data and is fully committed to compliance of the regulation.